Although poisonous plants can add an amazing and exotic beauty to your garden they are quite dangerous to pets and children. This is why you have decided to list down the safe substitutes of the poisonous plants in this article.
1. Ricinus- This plant gives the beans with which castor oil is produces. However these beans can also cause vomiting and organ failure which will lead to total system shutdown. The Ricinus has attractive star shaped leaves which make it one of the most beautiful plants in the world. Chaenomeles is the safe alternative of the Ricinus.
2. Digitalis has a cluster of bell shaped flowers. The Digitalis flowers contain digitoxin which can lead to cardiac arrest. Digitoxin is used to slow down the heart. Delphinium is a safe substitute of the Digitalis.
3. Lily of the Valley also known as Convallaria is a white flower that contains convallotoxin. Convallotoxin causes slow and lopsided heartbeats and saponins which can lead to gastric poisoning. The Galanthus is a white blossom plants that can be used as a replacement for the Lilly of the Valley.
4. The Nerium plant can cause vomitin, diarrhea, rapid heartbeat and even death. If the human skin comes in contact with Nerium it can cause blistering. Even more if the Nerium plants the harmful qualities of the plant will become airborne because the fumes of the plant are noxious too. There are more than 200 species of Camellias which can be ideal alternatives for the Nerium.
5. The Monkshood also known as Wolfsbane is a vine with purple flowers. Monkshood can cause delirium, hallucinations, gastrointestinal problems and drop the heart rate. Keep in mind that all parts of this plant are hazardous. The safe substitute of this plant is the Lonicera.
If any of these plants are present in your garden don’t hesitate and get rid of them. After the plants are removed hire professional gardens cleaners Wanstead based to come and thoroughly clean the area. When it comes to cleaners Wanstead has some of the best cleaning firms in the country.