A Guide To Spanish Transcription For Beginners
Around 559 people around the world speak the Spanish language. It is why the demand to transcribe Spanish has gotten higher in the current times. In this blog, you will learn all about the process of Spanish transcription.
What is a Transcription, and why do you need it?
Transcription is the process of representing the language you speak in written form. It is for both the spoken language and the source material in a completely different language. In direct terms, it is a document in which the person types out whatever they hear in the audio or a video. Transcriptions have to depict the exact word to word of the audio otherwise it is not accurate. It does not apply to the incoherent words that the person transcribing can omit.
- There are a lot of people who are deaf and might face difficulty in hearing. Transcription helps people like them to understand what is said. The brands which are using transcription are likely to see a higher success rate when compared to the ones that don’t.
- Have you ever wondered how the subtitles for the dozens of videos you watch are created? With the help of the transcription document that records the whole audio, people can watch the shows and movies in another language. The transcription company uses it to apply the subtitles at the exact moment to the video file when that line is said in the video. This advanced method has made it possible to consume any media, no matter the language. This same method applies to closed captions as well.
- Transcription plays an important role in the voice-over as well. It helps in syncing the voice-over to the exact time in the video, so that it can eventually sync it to whatever is happening on screen.
- The first step in the process of translation is transcribing the language. Once you have the transcription document in your hand, it can be used for translation into various languages.
Tips for Transcription as a beginner
If you are a Spanish speaker and wish to provide Spanish transcription, there are a few things you need to know before getting started.
- You need the right software to get the job done. If you are a beginner and don’t have the money, you can start with the free software and climb your way up to the paid version as you gain experience.
- You have to be thorough in reading and understanding the instructions given by the client. It is better to ask many questions and clear the doubt beforehand rather than writing the wrong transcription and doing it all over again.
- Test out the audio file before you start to transcribe as some files might be faulty. For a beginner, starting with an easy audio file is the best option.
- You should divide the audio into different sections and start working. Doing it all in one go can cause many errors, so take your time and be thorough in your work.
Now that you have some idea about how it works, you can get started with the transcription of the Spanish language.